Please remember, an investment in this Fund may not be suitable for all investors. We recommend that professional independent advice is taken before investing. Downing is not able to advise on your suitability for investment in the Fund. Full details of the risk factors can be found in the Prospectus.
- Tax reliefs are not guaranteed: The Service has been designed to shield your assets from IHT two years after the date of investment into the underlying AIM companies (so long as the shares are held at death). Although we are experienced in identifying suitable businesses, there is no guarantee that sufficient investments in IHT qualifying companies will be made or that all the investments made will qualify for IHT relief. If a company becomes non-qualifying then your IHT relief could be reduced (by the value of that investment). Tax rules can change, which could affect relief from IHT. Tax reliefs are subject to personal circumstances and independent tax advice should be taken.
- Investors’ capital is at risk: The value of your capital may go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount subscribed even after a successful claim against the downside protection insurance policy, where applicable. Portfolios will be invested in smaller companies quoted on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), which may be significantly more volatile, carry higher risk and be materially less liquid than many other investments and in particular in comparison to larger companies traded on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
- You cannot rely on past performance: Please remember that past performance is not a guide to future performance and there is no guarantee that the Service’s objectives will be achieved.
- Investments are long term: Investments must be held for at least two years and held at death to benefit from IHT relief.
- An investment through the Service should only be made on the basis of the information set out in the relevant product literature. Opinions expressed, whether in general or both on the performance of individual securities and in a wider economic context, represent the views of Downing at the time of preparation. They are subject to change and should not be interpreted as investment advice.
Full details of the risk factors can be found in the Brochure.