MI Downing Monthly Income Fund
Our monthly income Fund targets a premium yield to the UK equity income sector, together with long term capital growth.
Please note, from 31 March 2017 the Authorised Corporate Director for the Fund has changed to Maitland Institutional Services. The Fund has since been renamed the MI Downing Monthly Income Fund.
- Top quartile yield: The Fund is committed to providing a market and sector beating yield.
- High conviction portfolio: 30 – 40 holdings allow best ideas to drive performance.
- Risk-adjusted portfolio construction: With our bottom-up approach, we believe we have a full understanding of our investments. Strong balance sheets, good cash generation and efficient operations reduce risk.
- Value-led: We aim to buy businesses at attractive valuations, to improve returns and protect against downside risk.
- Multi-cap approach: The Fund applies Downing’s small-cap expertise across a range of UK market capitalisations.
- Distributions: Income is paid monthly.
Why we’re different
The UK equity income sector has attracted such a substantial volume of assets over the last few years that 60% of assets within the sector are invested in the same 50 companies1.
Our Fund has a significantly lower exposure to these businesses and is designed to offer investors an alternative source of income. We invest across a range of UK companies with different market capitalisations, allowing us to find the businesses that we believe can provide an attractive yield and long-term capital growth.
1Source: FE Analytics, based on holding information as at 31/7/15 for a sample of 40% of the sector by asset under management
Our typical investment process
Set out below is our typical investment process for the Downing Monthly Income Fund:
Meet the Managers