VCT Share Scam Warning
We have become aware that a significant number of shareholders of VCTs managed by both us and other VCT houses have received unsolicited telephone calls from persons purporting to be acting on behalf of a client who is looking to acquire their VCT shares at an attractive price. We believe these calls to be part of a “Boiler Room Scam”.
Typically the caller says they are calling from the US and, if the shareholder wishes to proceed, will then send a non-disclosure agreement for the shareholder to sign and return.
Some of the various company names used by the callers have included:
- Ralston Consultancy Limited (Feb 2017)
- Lawson Consultancy Limited (Feb 2017)
- Drakefield Corporate Partners (November 2016)
- Langford Consulting Group (October 2015)
- Whitaker Capital LLC (September 2015)
- Right Capital Services (September 2015)
- McMillan Consulting Group (June 2015)
- West Capital Partners (November 2014)
- West Consulting (November 2014)
- Watts Corporate Services
- Stansell Corporate Services
- Pacific Ventures Consultancy
- Northern Capital Consultants
- Codd and Fisher
Shareholders are warned to be very suspicious if they receive any similar type of telephone call. Typically these companies will have websites which, on first inspection, look authentic, however on further inspection may contain obvious errors, have missing information or be extrmemly light on any real content.
If you have any concerns, please contact us on 020 7416 7780.
Please be assured that we will never release shareholder details to any third party and seek to limit to the maximum extent permissible under the Companies Act 2006 access by third parties to the share registers of our VCTs.