Downing Ventures EIS
The Downing Ventures EIS invests in early-stage UK technology companies that we believe can provide you with attractive potential returns and access to EIS tax reliefs.
These early-stage businesses will be high risk with a significant chance of failure. However, the following factors should help to manage risk:
- Diversification: subscriptions are estimated to be spread across approximately 10 growth businesses.
- Due diligence: a high number of opportunities will be investigated before each investment is made (in 2016, our team analysed around 40 opportunities per month).
- It is anticipated that you will be given the opportunity to exit your investments between four and eight years from subscription.
Early-stage technology investments
Early-stage technology investments
Web-enabled technologies have only recently achieved the levels of performance and affordability anticipated in the early days of the internet. We believe that it is now a potentially favourable period for early-stage investors, particularly in the following sectors:
- Consumer internet: several large platform businesses have been fully developed and now dominate the landscape for the consumer internet - Google, Facebook, Amazon and others make it possible to build companies and acquire and service customers more cost-effectively than ever before.
- Defence technologies: the defence sector is now more focused and is spending more on innovative technologies which may also have broader commercial applications.
- Enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS): large companies are now happier to purchase technology product/services from smaller, more nimble solution providers.
- Life sciences and medical technologies: driven in part by the rapid increase in computing power of the last five years, medical science is enjoying a period of sustained advancement.
|Minimum subscription: £15,000||Maximum subscription: no maximum|
Method of payment for application
Payments for applications can be made by cheque, made payable to:
Thompson Taraz Downing re: Ventures, or by electronic bank transfer using the payment details below.
How to apply
Please first read the Brochure and Terms and Conditions before completing an application form. Please note that we can only accept applications that are submitted through an FCA authorised intermediary.
Investors' capital is at risk. Set out below are the key risks involved with an investment through the Service. Please see the Memorandum for a full list of the risk factors.
- Tax reliefs are not guaranteed: Rates of tax, tax benefits and allowances described in this Brochure are based on current legislation and HMRC practice and depend on personal circumstances. These may change from time to time and are not guaranteed.
- Qualifying investments are not guaranteed: There is no guarantee that sufficient investments in Qualifying Companies will be made within the expected timetable, or at all. In addition, Qualifying Companies may subsequently cease to qualify for EIS tax reliefs. In such cases, the tax reliefs could be delayed or lost.
- Investments are long term and high risk: Investors should not consider investing if they could require access to their Subscription within the short to medium term (up to eight years) and there is no guarantee that an exit will be forthcoming thereafter. Investments made through the Service will be in early-stage unquoted companies which are higher risk than securities traded on the London Stock Exchange.
- You cannot rely on past performance: Past performance is not a guide to future performance and there is no guarantee that the Service's objectives will be achieved. The value of investments and the income derived from them may go down as well as up and Investors may not get back the full amount invested.
- Debt used by qualifying companies will increase risk: The level of debt (or any other prior ranking securities) used by Qualifying Companies will significantly increase risk.